Joshua Johnson wrote:
Greetings, long time listener, first time caller.

I recently replaced a disk in my existing 8 disk RAID 6 array.
Previously, all disks were PATA drives connected to the motherboard
IDE and 3 promise Ultra 100/133 controllers.  I replaced one of the
Promise controllers with a Via 64xx based controller, which has 2 SATA
ports and one PATA port.  I connected a new SATA drive to the new
card, partitioned the drive and added it to the array.  After 5 or 6
hours the resyncing process finished and the array showed up complete.
 Upon rebooting I discovered that the new drive had not been added to
the array when it was assembled on boot.   I resynced it and tried
again -- still would not persist after a reboot.  I moved one of the
existing PATA drives to the new controller (so I could have the slot
for network), rebooted and rebuilt the array.  Now when I reboot BOTH
disks are missing from the array (sda and sdb).  Upon examining the
disks it appears they think they are part of the array, but for some
reason they are not being added when the array is being assembled.
For example, this is a disk on the new controller which was not added
to the array after rebooting:

What is your partition system ? When I have tried to created a raid6 array over a SunOS partition type, I have seen this bug. Never on PC system.

        Regards,

        JKB