Dear Neil,

this thread has died out, but I'd prefer not to let it end without any kind of result being reached. Therefore, I'm kindly asking you to draw a conclusion from the arguments being exchanged:

Concerning the implementation of a 'repair' that can actually recover data in some cases instead of just recalculating parity:

Do you

a) oppose the case (patches not accepted)
b) don't care (but potentially accept patches)
c) support it

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Thiemo Nagel