Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
I understand that lilo and grub only can boot partitions that look like
a normal single-drive partition. And then I understand that a plain
raid10 has a layout which is equivalent to raid1. Can such a raid10
partition be used with grub or lilo for booting?
And would there be any advantages in this, for example better disk
utilization in the raid10 driver compared with raid?

I don't know about you, but my /boot goes with zero use between boots, efficiency and performance improvements strike as a distinction without a difference, while adding complexity without benefit is always a bad idea.

I suggest that you avoid having a "learning experience" and stick with raid1.

--
Bill Davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still