> > - XRC support upstream (kernel and user space) is still pending.
> >   (I can start a librdmacm branch for XRC support.)
> > - Changes are needed to the kernel rdma_cm.
> >   We could start submitting patches against Roland's xrc branch for
> these.
> > - Please update to the latest librdmacm tree.
> >   More specifically, rdma_getaddrinfo should support XRC as well.
>
> The general parameters would be the same as for RC. Should we create a new
> ai_flag ? or a new port space ?

There's a ai_qp_type field available.  I think the RDMA TCP port space would
work.

> Is it really necessary to support rdma_getaddrinfo, rdma_create_ep and the
> new APIs ?

I think so, yes.  At least XRC needs to be handled, even if some of the calls
just fail as unsupported.

> > In general, I'd like to find a way to add XRC support to the librdmacm
> that makes things as simple for the user as possible.
>
> Besides the need to correctly set cap.max_send_wr, the user API is
> unchanged.

I'm also concerned that the kernel must format the IB CM messages correctly
when XRC is in use.  The kernel currently formats the messages assuming that
the QP is RC.

- Sean