Hello Dotan,

> I'm trying to understand exactly what you did...
>
> I'm guessing here the scenario, please correct me if I'm wrong:
> You've tried to work with RoCE over ConnectX-3 using RC QP.
> You were able to send messages up to 1024 (including this value) and it 
> failed.
>
> You've to execute the same test over ConnectX-2 SDR and everything passed.

You understood correctly.

> I suspect that the problem is with the MTU, since in IB the MTU values
> are different than in Ethernet (the "typical" value in IB is 2/4KB and
> in Ethernet it is 1500 bytes).
>
> Can you try to set the path MTU of the QPs (when calling
> ibv_modify_qp) to 1K MTU?
> Maybe this will solve your problem ...

I so far used a common/default setting for both IB and ETH mode of 2KB MTU.
I will try lowering that value for RoCE and keep you updated.

Thanks !
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to