Hi Jacopo,

On Thursday, April 27, 2017, jmondi wrote:
> We planned to use the following setup to test the CEU driver with an
> actual HW platform
>
> GR-Peach + GR-Peach Audio Camera Shield + OV7670 evaluation module
> https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/renesas-electronics-
> america/YGRPEACHAUDIOCAMERASHIELD/YGRPEACHAUDIOCAMERASHIELD-ND/5800301
> www.elecfreaks.com/estore/ov7670-camera-module.html

Oh ya, I forgot about that thing.

> This implies running mainline on Peach or backporting CEU driver to your
> BSP if we're not able to do so. A desirable collateral benefit in both
> cases, I guess...

You should probably be able to run mainline on it.

Go here for u-boot build instructions: http://elinux.org/RZ-A/Boards/GR-PEACH

Remember, that board only has 8MB of SPI flash, so you should download uImage
and DTB to RAM using Jlink, the use the SPI flash for a rootfs. I so have USB
host working for mainline, but it requires an out-of-tree patch from me (I'm
not sure on what upstream path I should take for RZ/A1 USB yet).

Of course if you change your mind, this board:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/renesas-electronics-america/YLCDRZA1H/YLCDRZA1H-ND/6173788
has a camera, 1280x800 LCD, 64MB of SDRAM and a Segger JLINK built into the
board. But...no serial port. You have to plug in a USB-to-UART PMOD adapter
(something like this
http://store.digilentinc.com/pmod-usbuart-usb-to-uart-interface/).
Once I get everything working, I'll be pushing to our github repos and posting
instructions on eLinux.org.
I might test your new driver using this board (will require an out-of-tree
fbdev driver)

I'm going to start phasing out the 3.14 BSP for a 4.9 BSP here in a couple
months, so I'll probably backport this new driver to 4.9, but that's about it.

Chris