Hi Chris,

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 06:03:27PM +0000, Chris Brandt wrote:
> Hi Jacopo,
>
> On Thursday, April 27, 2017, jmondi wrote:
> > We planned to use the following setup to test the CEU driver with an
> > actual HW platform
> >
> > GR-Peach + GR-Peach Audio Camera Shield + OV7670 evaluation module
> > https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/renesas-electronics-
> > america/YGRPEACHAUDIOCAMERASHIELD/YGRPEACHAUDIOCAMERASHIELD-ND/5800301
> > www.elecfreaks.com/estore/ov7670-camera-module.html
>
> Oh ya, I forgot about that thing.
>

> > This implies running mainline on Peach or backporting CEU driver to your
> > BSP if we're not able to do so. A desirable collateral benefit in both
> > cases, I guess...
>
> You should probably be able to run mainline on it.

I'm now trying to boot v4.11 (non-XIP) on GR-Peach.
I've been able to write u-boot from your BSP directly on the SPI
flash, and I'm now trying to use it to boot a kernel image from
on-chip SRAM.

I've spent quite some time on it without any appreciable result, so I
am now considering trying to make a XIP kernel out of mainline and
boot from QSPI.
I've seen you have applied  lot of patches for XIP support on top of
your v3.14 BSP, can you summarize what I need to apply on v4.11 to
have the same?

Also FYI, I am now trying to boot a uImage with device tree appended,
loaded on the on-chip RAM with J-Link to address 0x20500000, and
compiled with 20008000 [1] as load address (32Kb below on-chip RAM
address start)
This way I -should- be able to load my 3MB kernel image in RAM and
execute it from there.
I always get back a mute console unfortunately, so I'm starting to
wonder if I shouldn't go for a XIP kernel as well...

=> bootm 0x20500000
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 20500000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux
   Created:      2017-05-15  14:29:05 UTC
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    3009736 Bytes = 2.9 MiB
   Load Address: 20008000
   Entry Point:  20008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK

Starting kernel ...

Thanks

[1] I tried to use 0x20208000 as well, to avoid writing to memory
pages for data retention.

[2] I am using r7s72100-grpeach.dts from your BSP, with the following applied:

        memory {
                device_type = "memory";
-               reg = <0x08000000 0x02000000>;  /* 32MB @ 0x0x08000000 */
+               reg = <0x20000000 0x00A00000>;  /* 10Mb @ 0x0x20000000 */
        };

[3] I have used uImage with appended DTB and uImage with separate dtb as well.
No luck.

PS I have removed renesas list not to spam to everyone. If relevant, I will
re-send and add them back.