> [Adding Przemyslaw Marczak who was working on porting Odroid BL1/BL2/SPL]
>
> Hello,
>
> On 08/21/2015 05:59 AM, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>> On 21.08.2015 12:41, Anand Moon wrote:
>>> Hi Krzysztof,

> There were a lot of Suspend-to-RAM bug fixes lately mostly related to
> critical clocks being gated. It would be nice to give a try on recent
> kernels and see if is still not working.

>>> Yes I am asking are their plans to implement cpufreq and cpuidle
>>> simultaneously.
>>
>> There are no obstacles for implementing them simultaneously so the
>> question is rather who plans to do the cpuidle driver for Exynos542x? I
>
> If the firmware is in a good shape (unfortunately as mentioned by Daniel,
> the one in the Odroids are not) then the generic ARM big.LITTLE CPUidle
> driver (CONFIG_ARM_BIG_LITTLE_CPUIDLE) should work.
>
> It is at least working for me on the Exynos5800 based Peach Pi Chromebook:
>
> $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/current_driver
> big_idle
>
> $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state*/name
> WFI
> C1
>
> $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpuidle/state*/usage
> 7745
> 10578
>
>> don't... at least in nearby future. If I had some spare time then
>> probably I would try to make suspend working.
>>

> Suspend-to-RAM is at least working on the Exynos5420 and Exynos5800
> Chromebooks.

The big.LITTLE cpuidle driver is not a typical Exynos cpuidle driver.
It only executes CPU suspend on a cluster which essentially is a power
down operation.

When we talk about cpuidle on Exynos, we have in mind one of sleep
modes: AFTR or LPA (sometimes instead of LPA there is LPD or W-AFTR).
Actually this is more like a system idle mode, not CPU idle. The power
savings are much bigger than disabling only one cluster.

So the question is still valid - whether someone wants or plans to
implement cpuidle for Exynos 542x family. Odroid XU3 is not a priority
here because energy consumption is not an issue there. This is not a
mobile device.

Best regards,
Krzysztof