On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 02:10:41PM +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> Eliminate a get_device() / put_device() pair from scsi_next_command().
> Both are atomic operations hence removing these slightly improves
> performance.

The same should also be applied to scsi_requeue_command, while it might
not matter for performance it'll make the code a lot more readable,
especially when also merging scsi_unprep_request into
scsi_requeue_command.  See the patch I'll send out for this ASAP.

I'm also not sure if there's a point in keeping the
get/_put_command_and_dev variants.  There's very few callers left and
just opencoding the device reference manipulation might be cleaner.