Hi Doug,

On Thu, 2014-12-18 at 11:53 -0500, Douglas Gilbert wrote:

<SNIP>

> FreeNAS's iSCSI target also implements ODX which is one
> reason why I have been looking at it (hint to NAB). With
> ODX it does cut one significant corner in only supporting
> "access upon reference" RODs. Its ODX implementation found
> several bugs and holes in my ddpt ODX client code.

So ODX support is still low on my current TODO list, but I'm happy to
assist anyone in the short-term who is willing to submit patches for
implementing the first steps to get the ball rolling.  IIRC, the CDB
emulation additions are really quite straight-forward, especially given
you've already got a working ddpt client.  ;)

Of course, the more interesting question is once EXTENDED_COPY(LID4)
emulation is in place, how is the interface for supporting tokenized
READ/WRITE through to struct block_device (and FILEIO too) going to
look..?

I haven't seen much discussion on this topic, and would be interested to
hear if anyone has thoughts on how that piece might work.

--nab