Hi all,

as promised here is now the second part of my ALUA device handler update.
This contains a major rework of the ALUA device handler as execution is
moved onto a workqueue. This has the advantage that we avoid having to
do multiple calls to the same LUN (as happens frequently when failing
over a LUN with several paths) and finally retries are handled correctly.
As some arrays are only capable of handling one STPG at a time I've added
a module parameter 'sync_stpg' which switches to a singlethreaded
workqueue, thereby effectively synchronize STPG handling.
Thanks to Bart for this suggestion.

As usual, comments and reviews are welcome.

Hannes Reinecke (20):
  scsi_dh_alua: Pass buffer as function argument
  scsi_dh_alua: separate out alua_stpg()
  scsi_dh_alua: Make stpg synchronous
  scsi_dh_alua: call alua_rtpg() if stpg fails
  scsi_dh_alua: switch to scsi_execute_req_flags()
  scsi_dh_alua: Use separate alua_port_group structure
  scsi_dh_alua: allocate RTPG buffer separately
  scsi_dh_alua: use unique device id
  scsi_dh_alua: simplify alua_initialize()
  revert commit a8e5a2d593cb ("[SCSI] scsi_dh_alua: ALUA handler attach
    should succeed while TPG is transitioning")
  scsi_dh_alua: Use workqueue for RTPG
  scsi_dh_alua: Allow workqueue to run synchronously
  scsi_dh_alua: Recheck state on unit attention
  scsi_dh_alua: update all port states
  scsi_dh_alua: Send TEST UNIT READY to poll for transitioning
  scsi_dh: add 'rescan' callback
  scsi: Add 'access_state' attribute
  scsi_dh_alua: use common definitions for ALUA state
  scsi_dh_alua: update 'access_state' field
  scsi_dh_alua: Update version to 2.0

 drivers/scsi/device_handler/scsi_dh_alua.c | 977 ++++++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c                    |   1 +
 drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c                   |   9 +-
 drivers/scsi/scsi_sysfs.c                  |  49 ++
 include/scsi/scsi_device.h                 |   1 +
 include/scsi/scsi_dh.h                     |   2 +
 include/scsi/scsi_proto.h                  |  13 +

1.8.5.6