On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 04:25:24PM +0200, ard wrote:
> > Anyways, can you please enable the kernel memory leak detector [1] and
> > possibly even try a more up to date (like v4.18-rc6) kernel?
> >
> > [1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.17/dev-tools/kmemleak.html
>
> The up to date kernel would be a problem.
> The kmemleak log is here:
> https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/files/2218589/kmemleak.txt
> Sorry that github doesn't do a preview.

No Problem, I can see the fcoe leaks (+ others)

> The system itself is an exynos 5422 arm. It worked perfectly fine
> with 3.10 as an Initiator, now it leaks memory the moment I
> enable the FCoE vlan on the port.
>
> <offtopic>
> I also have a arm v5 running 3.7.1 (intel ss4000e) that works
> fine as stable target.
>
> The arm as initiator was able to crash my D525 as target running
> 4.0 on the target just by mounting btrfs. The target now runs 4.3
> and has been a stable target ever since.
> </offtopic>
>
> The main issue seems to be in fcoe_ctlr.c, and that has not
> really been touched except by a broomstick for generic kernel
> maintenance.
>
> What I can do is compile a 4.14 and a 4.18 kernel for my main
> initiator, a desktop that has an ssd used as bcache on FCoE
> drives. That desktop is turned off however due to a heatwave.
> The last known working kernel was 3.18 on that system. I will
> compile a new one.

I'll setup a test environment here and try to reproduce. In the
meanwhile I have your report and try to narrow down the leak(s).

--
Johannes Thumshirn                                          Storage
jthumsh...@suse.de                                +49 911 74053 689