On 09/15/18 23:41, Avri Altman wrote:
Since this patch series does not touch any include/uapi header and since no
uapi UFS header files already exist, how is user space software expected to
know which message format it should use for communicating over the UFS BSG
endpoint? I don't think that "read the source" is an acceptable answer.

I was thinking in V5 to move some of the notations from include/uapi to
ufs_bsg.h.
Or, I can add a "bsg support" paragraph to Documentation/scsi/ufs.txt,
Or even a new entry to Documentation/ABI/testing/ - whatever you think is best?

Adding a paragraph to Documentation/scsi/ufs.txt sounds like a good idea to me.

Thanks,

Bart.