On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM, jonsm...@gmail.com <jonsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Puneet B <punit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> if i select i2s codec and spdif codec , i am not getting any node file in
>> /dev/snd/
>>
>> only have sunxi-codec and sndhdmi node file.
>>
>> ls /dev/snd/
>>
>> by-path  controlC0  controlC1  pcmC0D0c  pcmC0D0p  pcmC1D0p  timer
>>

> You have to write the 'machine driver' that binds the codec to the i2s
> controller. That is the final bit of the ALSA registration process. It
> is just a tiny driver. There are lots of examples in the kernel tree.

You can't make ALSA work just by turning on a couple of drivers in
menuconfig. You have to provide a machine driver that tells ALSA how
to connect the generic codec driver to the processor's I2S unit.  The
machine driver is specific to the piece of hardware you are designing.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsm...@gmail.com