Yes, I have i2s running on an A10 mars board. I just enabled the sunxi i2s
in the kernel config, built the kernel and it worked. But the mars board
has LED's on the I2S pins, so they are almost impossible to use as I2s. I
hooked wires up to it for a test and it worked. It showed up in alsa, using
aplay. I will have to look for my kernel, as I don't think I saved it, I am
now trying to get I2S to work on an A20 olimex board, because it have the
I2S brought out to a header. I have a kernel built and loaded, but the I2S
does not show up in aplay, so I am trying to track down what I am missing.
If I find my kernel log from the mares board, I will let you know. I do
have the kernel .config if you want that.

Dennis