On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:40:20 +0600
Roman Mamedov <r...@romanrm.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 10:32:33 +0300
> Siarhei Siamashka <siarhei.siamas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you are fine with offering only 'performance' and 'userspace'
> > cpufreq governors in defconfigs? And kick out both 'ondemand' and
> > 'interactive'?
>
> I'd leave 'ondemand' as available

Unfortunately keeping 'ondemand' would be a very bad choice, because the
startup scripts of certain linux distributions have an urge to activate
it regardless of what the user actually wants. And thus we would be back
to square one: unhappy users having very poor performance without any
clue about what's going on.

As long as the 'ondemand' governor is offered even as a non-default
option, the problem is not really resolved.

> (there needs to be a power-saving alternative to 'performance' that's
> selectable without recompiling the kernel),

Are you retracting your objection against 'interactive' then?

Or what about the other alternatives? Maybe 'conservative'?

> but I agree that 'performance' can be made the default.

OK.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka