On Fri, 16 May 2014 21:40:07 +0100
Ian Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-05-16 at 23:11 +0300, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> > > I think this change is an improvement, but if we do this, we also
> > > need to upstream it. Ian what is your take on this? IOW are you
> > > ok with my applying this to the u-boot-sunxi git repo ?
> 
> While things aren't yet upstream I'm in two minds.
> 
> Once it does go upstream I think it would pay to be quite strict about
> accepting stuff into u-boot-sunxi.git. There's not much point going to
> all the effort upstreaming things if it is just allowed to diverge
> again, and I don't really want to be forever playing catch up.

As I see it, the 'sunxi' branch at u-boot-sunxi.git is good for
nothing. It does not even try to be in a workable state for the
end users (the broken GMAC is telling a lot). And at the same
time its usefulness for the upstreaming efforts is also not
very clear, thanks to the complicated merge history and the
applied/adjusted/reverted patches.

Do we have a branch, which is just the upstream u-boot with a
minimal sunxi patch set applied on top of it?

> > Well, I'm also considering that it might be a good idea to just wait
> > until the basic sunxi support lands upstream. And then directly
> > submit the dram patches there. No need to bother you and Ian
> > unnecessarily.
> 
> That would certainly make life easier for everyone I think.

Please note that here I'm optimistically assuming that the sunxi patch
set (submitted during the merge window, which has just ended) still
somehow makes it into upstream u-boot 2014.07. If this is not the
case, then everything is a little bit more complicated.

-- 
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"linux-sunxi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to