> UART0 with the default pinmux can never lead to a working UART on A13,
> as these pins are not available on the A13 package. When the A13 based
> device has its accessible UART on UART1, then the UART0 setting does not
> hurt, it just does not give you a working early UART, but that does not
> prohibit the system from booting. When U-Boot has been set to use
> FEL/SDCON, then the UART0 pinmux will have been set to sd pins, and then
> this setting becomes valid again.

Actually, this makes my Ampe A76 (A13) device hang (nothing at all on
UART, LCD doesn't light up, etc). I suppose that setting the debug UART
to UART0 does hurt in my case.

Are there known examples where CONFIG_SW_DEBUG_UART=1 causes a similar
issue? If so, I don't see any easy solution. It is obviously way too
early to read script.bin's uart_debug_port.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us/
Wiki/Tracker:   http://redmine.replicant.us/