Le dimanche 21 septembre 2014 à 19:16 +0200, Luc Verhaegen a écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 04:16:21PM +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> > > UART0 with the default pinmux can never lead to a working UART on A13,
> > > as these pins are not available on the A13 package. When the A13 based
> > > device has its accessible UART on UART1, then the UART0 setting does not
> > > hurt, it just does not give you a working early UART, but that does not
> > > prohibit the system from booting. When U-Boot has been set to use
> > > FEL/SDCON, then the UART0 pinmux will have been set to sd pins, and then
> > > this setting becomes valid again.
> >
> > Actually, this makes my Ampe A76 (A13) device hang (nothing at all on
> > UART, LCD doesn't light up, etc). I suppose that setting the debug UART
> > to UART0 does hurt in my case.
> >
> > Are there known examples where CONFIG_SW_DEBUG_UART=1 causes a similar
> > issue? If so, I don't see any easy solution. It is obviously way too
> > early to read script.bin's uart_debug_port.
>
> Crap.
>
> Let me see if i can work some heuristics into this: we assume that
> u-boot set up a debug uart correctly, and then use that one.

Would a clean way of handing this information over to the kernel be?
Is there some place in memory where we can expect U-Boot to have set the
UART base address? All the possibilities look quite dirty…

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website: http://www.replicant.us/
Redmine: http://redmine.replicant.us/