Hi,

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi ChenYu,
>
> On 11/28/2014 10:20 AM, wens Tsai wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Thanks for completing SPL support on the A31.
>> I've managed to boot mainline U-boot on my Hummingbird A31.
>>
>> One issue I ran into is that with DCDC1 set at 3.0V,
>> mmc0 is very unstable in the kernel. All operations
>> timeout and the kernel panics because the rootfs isn't
>> available.
>>
>> Raising the voltage to 3.3V gets rid of the problem,
>> but I'm not sure that is the correct solution.
>

> The fex file for the mele boards says dcdc1 should be 3.3V not
> 3.0V and that makes sense really, since 3.3V is a standard
> voltage, while 3.0V is not.
>
> However the fex file for the Hummingbird says 3.0V and my
> Mele M9 works fine with the current u-boot setting of 3.0V.
>
> I've just booted my M9 into the original firmware and that is
> actually using 3.3V so changing things to 3.3V does seem to
> be the right thing.
>
> Maxime, I seem to remember you telling me that the Colombus
> is really using 3.0V.
>
> Maxime can you confirm this? Is that routed to the mmc power ?
>
> It could be that 3.0V is enough for the A31 itself, but that
> on boards which do not have a separate power-supply for the
> mmc 3.3V is used ?
>
> I'm fine with moving to 3.3V, I'm wondering if we should
> make it configurable like the DLDO# and ALDO# voltages,
> see drivers/power/Kconfig, with a 3.3V voltage and an
> override in the Colombus defconfig ?
>
> ChenYu, can you check which voltage the original firmware
> is actually using ? You should see boot1 printing the
> voltage, and you can check it from a root shell by doing:

This is during boot:

U-Boot 2011.09-rc1 (Jun 17 2014 - 17:30:56) Allwinner Technology

[      0.213]version: 1.1.0
[      0.216]pmbus:   ready
[      0.218]PMU: AXP221
[      0.220]PMU: AXP22x found
[      0.223]PMU: bat ratio = 100
[      0.226]PMU: dcdc3 1260
[      0.229]PMU: pll1 1008 Mhz
dcdc1_vol = 3000
dcdc2_vol = 1200
dcdc3_vol = 1260
dcdc4_vol = 1200
dcdc5_vol = 1500
aldo1_vol = 3000
aldo2_vol = 1800
aldo3_vol = 3000
eldo3_vol = 1800

> cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.13/name
> cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.13/microvolts
>
> (The first one is just to check your regulators are numbered
> the same).

This is just a dump of all the regulators from the firmware:

axp22_DCDC1  3000000  enabled
axp22_DCDC2  1200000  enabled
axp22_DCDC3  1260000  enabled
axp22_DCDC4  1200000  enabled
axp22_DCDC5  1500000  enabled
axp22_ldoio0 2800000  disabled
axp22_ldoio1 1800000  enabled
axp22_ldo1   3000000  enabled
axp22_ldo2   3300000  enabled
axp22_ldo3   1800000  enabled
axp22_ldo4   3000000  enabled
axp22_ldo5    700000  disabled
axp22_ldo6    700000  disabled
axp22_ldo7   2800000  disabled
axp22_ldo8   2800000  enabled
axp22_ldo9   1500000  disabled
axp22_ldo10   700000  disabled
axp22_ldo11  1800000  disabled
axp22_ldo12  1100000  enabled

As you can see it is indeed set to 3.0V. And it does work.
So I'm kind of confused. Plus 3.0V doesn't seem to be a valid
I/O voltage level for SD/MMC.

BTW, I see you're working on RSB support for U-boot. Thanks
in advance.

ChenYu