On 20/03/15 12:14, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Yes that is the first thing I was thinking of, the cubietruck is the only
> gbit phy using a20 design which does not need it, which is kinda fishy.

Actually, the OLinuXino-LIME2 has a gbit phy, doesn't define
CONFIG_GMAC_TX_DELAY and doesn't initially appear to need it.

I have quite a few of them deployed for several months with no aparrent
issues similar to this.  I also don't appear to be seeing any reports of
problems here or elsewhere.

The one thing I have encountered is that very occasionally on a reboot
I'll get unidirectional network. Either transmit or receive is totally
dead while the other direction functions ok. Haven't been able to find
a cause yet as it's not easily repeatable, and with no other reports
it's not something I've spent a lot of time worrying about.

Rgds,
Iain