> > Is there a straightforward way to convert a script.bin file to a device
> tree file? Any HOWTO that maps the various options?

We at least need a HOWTO mapping script.bin options to device tree
constructs. I am going to start one... because an unanswered question is an
opportunity to do something.

> > Should I first be experimenting with the sunxi Uboot instead of
> Mainline?

u-boot-sunxi worked. It was almost annoyingly easy. I just needed gcc
gnueabihf 4.x installed first.

> > My device has an AXP152 paired with an A20. Looking at Mainline U-boot,
> this is an unexpected combination.
>
> This is the first time I've heard of this weird pairing yes, but it should
> work with mainline u-boot,
> just add CONFIG_AXP152_POWER=y to your defconfig.

AXP_152 worked in mainline u-boot rather easily. It was the SD card that I
couldn't get working. Strange, because that must obviously work for
_everyone_ else for mainline u-boot to be of any use to anyone.

SD card worked quite smoothly in u-boot-sunxi. Will try and make nand work
now.

> > What is a good defconfig and dts file to begin work with, with this
> combination?
>
> None, you're the first...

Copied the Cubietruck board.cfg entry and made some changes. Modified the
cubietruck dram file. And done!

> > I've been using the CubieTruck defconfig and dts file so far. I copied
> over and created a new dts file, which I've been mucking around with (and
> only making things worse).
>
> Cubietruck is likely as good a start as any, and sorry no fex -> dts tool,
> it is usually just a matter of manually copy and pasting the right
> bits together to get a dts.

As mentioned above, we still need a guide that maps between script.bin and
the rather confusing dts file format.