I think there is a tool from Allwinner in their more recent releases
for mapping fex to device tree.

In here somewhere...
https://gitlab.com/pine64-android/tools/tree/master

when you go through the pack step it prints out a bunch of messages on
how it is doing the mapping. I have not looked at the tool, I just
noticed the messages it was printing.

Complete build instructions for A64 Android
https://gitlab.com/pine64-android/manifest/wikis/home

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Saurabh Jain <saurabh.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Is there a straightforward way to convert a script.bin file to a device
>> > tree file? Any HOWTO that maps the various options?
>

> We at least need a HOWTO mapping script.bin options to device tree
> constructs. I am going to start one... because an unanswered question is an
> opportunity to do something.
>

>> > Should I first be experimenting with the sunxi Uboot instead of
>> > Mainline?
>

> u-boot-sunxi worked. It was almost annoyingly easy. I just needed gcc
> gnueabihf 4.x installed first.
>

>> > My device has an AXP152 paired with an A20. Looking at Mainline U-boot,
>> > this is an unexpected combination.
>>
>> This is the first time I've heard of this weird pairing yes, but it should
>> work with mainline u-boot,
>> just add CONFIG_AXP152_POWER=y to your defconfig.
>

> AXP_152 worked in mainline u-boot rather easily. It was the SD card that I
> couldn't get working. Strange, because that must obviously work for
> _everyone_ else for mainline u-boot to be of any use to anyone.
>
> SD card worked quite smoothly in u-boot-sunxi. Will try and make nand work
> now.
>

>> > What is a good defconfig and dts file to begin work with, with this
>> > combination?
>>
>> None, you're the first...
>

> Copied the Cubietruck board.cfg entry and made some changes. Modified the
> cubietruck dram file. And done!
>

>> > I've been using the CubieTruck defconfig and dts file so far. I copied
>> > over and created a new dts file, which I've been mucking around with (and
>> > only making things worse).
>>
>> Cubietruck is likely as good a start as any, and sorry no fex -> dts tool,
>> it is usually just a matter of manually copy and pasting the right
>> bits together to get a dts.
>

> As mentioned above, we still need a guide that maps between script.bin and
> the rather confusing dts file format.
>
> --

Jon Smirl
jonsm...@gmail.com