Hello,
I'm working with an I2C device, and I would ideally use
i2c_smbus_read_block_data() to read a dynamic-sized data from it.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

After some debugging, turns out that i2c_smbus_read_block_data and
i2c_smbus_block_process_call() cannot be supported by Linux's SMBus
emulation without extra hardware/driver support -- see
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.20/source/drivers/i2c/i2c-core-smbus.c#L212

So, anyone knows if this operations is at all possible on Allwinner's
chips, and what would it take to support it?

Thanks!