On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Joe Burks wrote:

> I'd hope for keeping just one version in the kernel, otherwise the
> companies making distros are going to have a terrible time with
> it...  There are a couple important things my driver does that John's
> doesn't, but there is one very important thing that John's driver did that
> mine doesn't: asynchronous frame grabs.

Sounds like we're in agreement here on both counts.

> If John has the inclination, a patch to my 2.5.41 driver to do asynchronous
> streaming rather than synchronous streaming would be a great boon to whole
> community.

Like I said, I'd rather try to merge my stuff into the sourceforge version
(now in-kernel) than try to compete with it. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy
to diff against anything other than an official kernel version, so it'll
have to wait till Linus puts out a version with the updated vicam driver.
That is, unless these kind of changes run up agains the Oct. 20 deadline...
I'll need some clarification there.

John