On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, David Brownell wrote:

> Alan Stern wrote:
> > Here is a slightly updated patch for usb-skeleton.c.  It has been tested
> > minimally with real hardware, but David Brownell would like to see some
> > more tests using "gadget zero".
>
> I just did, to a 2.5.62ish system running gadget zero on real hardware.
> It seemed to behave, though there was a wierd endpoint halt case that
> made me need to unplug/replug ... since there seemed to be no way to
> reset the device from userland.  Does it do the same on the dummy_hcd?
>
> That was pretty cursory testing though.  How do you test with it?

Well, I just today downloaded your PDF documentation for the gadget API,
and I haven't yet gotten around to downloading the patches.  So you're a
bit ahead of me there.

In my earlier testing I needed, like you, to able to deal with endpoint
halts from a user process.  I did it by adding an ioctl to usb-skeleton
that would clear a halt for either the bulk-in or bulk-out endpoint.

But that worked, and everything else I tried worked too (unplugging while
the device file was open, and so on).  Also, Henning Meier-Geinitz
reported that the driver worked all right when he had it bound to a
scanner.