[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

First, this seems to be a reproducible oops. Second, the kernel oops messages, ksymoops outputs and some other stuff I thought might be of use, can be found at

What's this "ptal-mlcd" thing? Whatever it's doing seems to be triggering the problem. The ksymoops info is at least partially corrupted ... maybe it'd be better to link the relevant USB drivers statically, like you did with usbcore and the host controller driver(s).

Given that the second oops you sent included an error report
from the usb "printer" driver, my initial suspicion would be
that "ptal-mlcd" made the printer driver do something illegal
which then caused the oops ... like by passing bogus info down
to the host controller driver.

A better bug report would describe what you were doing at
the time of the oops, what had just been done (unplug?),
and include ksymoops information that's a it more complete.
In fact, you might try compiling with USB debug info enabled,
and send the information along that shows what the printer
driver was doing before this oops happened.

- Dave