On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:26:18 -0400 (EDT), Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As it happens, USB callbacks cannot be interrupted.  That's a somewhat
> artificial restriction; in theory there's no reason we couldn't allow
> interrupts.

Do you remember why we're doing this? I did not touch that part since
the attempt to keep usb->lock across the callback (read: years back).

I think we should remove those local_irq_save's, and leave just the
guarantee that it won't be re-entered (currently such a guarantee
is inherited from the Linux's interrupt handling, and we'll only
need to make it explicit if any HCDs start using softirq when
calling the giveback routine). I'm poking your memory in case
there's actually a good reason for it which I forgot.

Yours,
-- Pete