On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Florian Wöhrl <f...@woehrl.biz> wrote:
> it seems like cdc_acm was altered, too - am I right? modinfo doesn't mention
> 04d8:000A. It just tells 04d8:000B. Did you make that patch?

That is bad.

1634        /* Support for Droids MuIn LCD */
1635        { USB_DEVICE(0x04d8, 0x000b),
1636        .driver_info = NO_DATA_INTERFACE,
1637        },

This company is abusing the Microchip VID/PID. 04d8:000b is the
reserved VID/PID combination fro Microchip's PICDEM FS
USB demo board bootloader. That bootloader uses vendor
specific protocol and is supported by a libusb based program.
http://www.internetking.org/fsusb/

Reference as well: last time it was added to the ldusb
driver but was later removed.
http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=118437961922160&w=2

--
Xiaofan