hi,

On 2018-04-23 18:20, Oliver Neukum wrote:
On 2018-04-19 14:15, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 18.04.2018, 12:44 +0530 schrieb Tushar Nimkar:
> > On 2018-04-17 12:03, Tushar Nimkar wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have doubt that sequential scan(scsi_sequential_lun_scan) work well
> > for uas device(SCSI>3)..
> > Why? As I have seen in most cases failed to enumerate during
> > REPORT_LUN
> > command...and there is older way to scan disk is also present,
> > so I was thinking to try that.. did following things
> >
> > starget->no_report_luns = 1  ---> for my target while uas_target_alloc
> > (for try)
>
> In general the spec is one thing and reality is another thing.
> You can depend really only on what recent versions of Windows do.

did not get you!

Devices often implement the spec only to the extent they need to
in order to work with Windows.

oh, so no backward old way of scanning(sequential)?

No. But for testing we don't need to. Can you confirm that
the problem is triggered by specific commands?

Observed with REPORT_LUN or READ_CAP16 or INQUIRY command.

Are you planning to test it with dwc3?

        Regards
                Oliver

Best Regards,
Tushar R Nimkar

QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation