Hi,

On 2018-06-04 19:57, Oliver Neukum wrote:
Hi,

On 2018-05-28 18:12, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 24.05.2018, 20:13 +0530 schrieb Tushar Nimkar:
> > We have built SCSI as module will it cause any problem to enable
> > CONFIG_SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC ?
>
> No, that should work. But the failure is bizzare. You say

yes there is no problem! I have run some test over night.
> synchronous scanning fails, but async scan works?

yes!

Odd. Extremely odd. Does this show on all architectures?
I have tried with different SOC version with same architecture(ARM)and
Synopsys host controller.
I am asking because that is the crucial question.

I see two possibilities

1. the sync probing code has a bug that shows only on some
architectures
2. architectures were a coincidence - the drive is broken

We absolutely need to know what is happening.
Please let me know if I could contribute on this issue.
I would always like to work on it :)

I am afraid this will have to be tested on another architecture.

        Regards
                Oliver

Best Regards,
Tushar R Nimkar

QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation