On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:08:59AM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> Hello,
>
> following scenario:
> you attach an UART-TO-USB adapter to your musb port running ux500-dma
> code. The USB UARt driver queues 1x RX URB with the size of 256 bytes
> (example) and the max packet size is 64.
>
> The other side sends only one byte because it is mean.

That's actually quite common, why is it "mean"?

> Now, the way I understand it is, you tell musb that the complete
> transfer of 256 bytes has ended instead one byte that really
> happened. Is my assumption wrong?

What do you mean by "tell musb"?  Of course the transfer has completed,
that's all the device sent to the host controller, so it has to complete
the transfer and send that on up to the driver that requested the urb.

I don't understand the question/problem you are asking here, care to be
more descriptive?

thanks,

greg k-h