Hi Greg, all,

After taking a look at the Octeon driver, it looks like that controller
uses a customized version of the DWC2 core - it has a different DMA
engine than the one provided by the standard hardware. So in fact these
two drivers are actually not "for the same hw".

I think it would be very complicated to combine both of these into a
common driver. So in my opinion the best solution is to keep both drivers.

--
Paul