Hi,

Last week I discovered the new configfs for the USB gadget support in the kernel.

I found the following threads on the mailing list:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/6/21/154
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/26/38

Now there is some discussion about having a userpace library to handle the creation of all the necessary files easily. But I cannot find a trace of it. Does it exist already? If not I will need to write code for it anyway to support it in the USB gadget handler daemon I maintain to support this. It loads/unloads modules, sets up usb gadget modes, can start programs needed etc ... (See usb_moded: https://gitorious.org/meego-middleware/usb_moded ) So if there is no code out there do handle the creation of those configfs structures I do not mind doing the work.

Also I have some questions about the documentation. In the section about the gadget creation it states, I quote:

"A gadget also needs its serial number, manufacturer and product strings.
In order to have a place to store them, a strings subdirectory must be created
for each language, e.g.:

$ mkdir strings/0x409"

What is meant with language here, and why does the example have a hex string as identifier. Are we rather talking about one of the USB identifiers here?

The rest seems to be pretty clear so I'll start playing around with it.

Thanks,

Philippe