Hi Bharat,

On 08/26/2013 02:29 PM, Bharathraj Nagaraju wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> With continuation to below mail, our client requirement is pushing us to
> implement the EHCI runtime suspend/resume.
>
> I have implemented EHCI runtime suspend/resume using timer concept,Please
> find the below design and attached patch for the same.
>
> Design Approach:
>      - A timer of 10sec is scheduled.
>      - During EHCI transaction (tx/rx), this timer is reset.
>        If the EHCI clocks are switched off, it is switched on before any
> actual
>        transaction.
>      - If there are no transaction on EHCI for >10secs, the timer callback is
> invoked.
>      - EHCI clocks are disabled in the timer expire function.

Why are you using your own timer? USB core already supports runtime PM which
maintains
its own autosuspend timer. you just need to implement the runtime PM driver ops.
(i.e. .runtime_suspend and .runtime_resume)

> NOTE : Runtime remote wake up feature need to be implement.

Did you try the patches I pointed to you earlier? They already work with remote
wakeup.

> With the above approach the ECHI is suspended,if there are no transaction for
> > 10secs,during next transaction
> i am enabling the clocks and resuming the EHCI controller, but we are getting
> below errors and its not working properly
>
> [   66.986175] catalina_wwan_ctrl_attr_wwan_on_show: wwan_on status = 1
> [   66.993743] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: ehci_omap_bus_resume
> [   66.999542] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: resume root hub
> [   67.024475] ehci_bus_resume: port_status[2]=0x501000, PORT_SUSPEND=0
> [   67.031311] ehci_bus_resume: port_status[1]=0x501000, PORT_SUSPEND=0
> [   67.038238] ehci_bus_resume: port_status[0]=0x601885, PORT_SUSPEND=128
> [   67.079223] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: detected XactErr len 0/10 retry 1
> [   67.086090] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: detected XactErr len 0/512 retry 1
> [   67.093139] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: detected XactErr len 0/10 retry 2
> [   67.099975] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: detected XactErr len 0/512 retry 2
> [   67.106994] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: detected XactErr len 0/10 retry 3
> [   67.113830] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: detected XactErr len 0/512 retry 3
> [   67.120819] ehci-omap ehci-omap.0: detected XactErr len 0/10 retry 4
>
> Can you please guide me why we are getting above errors.

These type of errors usually occur if all required clocks for the controller
are not enabled.

cheers,
-roger