On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 01:28:18PM -0500, Peter E. Berger wrote:
> From: "Peter E. Berger" <pber...@brimson.com>
>
> The io_ti driver fails to download firmware to Edgeport devices such as
> the EP/416.  One of the problems is that the default 1 second timeout
> in ti_vsend_sync() is insufficient for download operations.  This patch
> increases the download timeout to 10 seconds.

So only EP/416 appears to affected and this is only needed after fixing
the firmware version handling as these devices have an e2prom and will
function anyway?

I'm trying to determine whether we need this one in stable or not. The
three last patches are too big and intrusive to meet the stable-kernel
rules (the sanity one isn't even a fix). We could just say that using
the latest firmware requires a recent kernel for these devices.

Thanks,
Johan