On 22/09/2015 22:25, Roland Weber wrote:
But there's also a guy who reports that external USB drives are
no longer detected during boot after he updated the BIOS to v1.10.
http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series/Acer-ES1-111M-doesn-t-detect-USB-Drives-at-boot-phase-anymore/td-p/364139

Frankly, I don't dare to upgrade the BIOS right now. I need the
machine in working condition starting Friday next week, until
around Christmas.
Hi Roland,

I totally understand your reluctance to update the BIOS at such a critical time (and mid-debugging) but just to let you know: I have an ES1-111M running BIOS v1.13 and have had no problems booting from an external USB stick to install Debian (using legacy mode -- I haven't tried UEFI). It also worked fine under v1.10 (factory-installed).

Thanks so much to you all for looking into the USB issues on this system. My own 111M freezes at shutdown if 'noapic' is not specified on the (stock Debian 3.16.0-4) kernel command line and throws all sorts of EHCI errors otherwise so I look forward to the results of your efforts in due time.

Best regards,

Andrew