On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 10:32:49AM +0000, Chu.Mike [朱堅宜] wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> This patch is for adding our new chip PL2303TB (UART, 12 GPIO, PWN)
> PID is 2304 and GPIO function codes. Attached is datasheet. Can you
> help us?

Adding a new device is is simple, but adding custom ioctls for gpio
control is not ok.  That needs to tie into the gpio subsystem instead.
I think work is ongoing with some other drivers to do this, so you
should have some examples on the mailing list to look at.

Johan would have more details about this, Johan?

thanks,

greg k-h