On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 05:10:57AM +0000, Yeh.Charles[葉榮鑫] wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>    The attached file" pl2303c_patch.zip & pl2303h_patch.zip" are patch file
> for PL2303.c & PL2303.h.
>    Can you help to include it to the next kernel release?

Hm, I started to edit this to make it fit the proper coding style rules
(hint, please always run scripts/checkpatch.pl on your patches so no one
else has to), but then I realized you were adding a bunch of custom
ioctls to the driver for no real apparent reason.

So, what is this patch for?  What is the description of what you are
trying to do, and why?  (hint, I think I know, but I need a discription
from you).

Also, can you just make the patch and send it yourself in the correct
format, as the file Documentation/SubmittingPatches says to?  I know I
have helped out in the past for "simple" things like new ids, but for
real changes, you all should be able to do it yourself.

thanks,

greg k-h