When I try to view a ps of pdf file with kghostview I get an error
message 'Unknown device:x11alpha'

Unchecking 'antialasing' in preferences alters the msg to 'Unknown
device:x11'

I am using ver 0.11(using KDE2.1.1) which is part of the Mandrake8
distro.

A Google search produced a list of others with the same problem but I
did not see an answer that workedfor me.

In a term I changed to the dir in which the file is located, ran gs
(filename) with no joy, but eventually got the msg 'error: /undefined in
(file)'. The file is readable in an earlier version of kghostscript
(Mandrake7).

Any ideas please anyone.

Barry
Text only replies please