Looking to buy a video capture card, maybe with a tv tuner (but as I get
all my tv thru sky digi it seems a little pointless to get the latter).

Been looking at the DSE site. The options appear to be:

DSE PCI card part xh6594 $97.00.

according to the instructions this is an avermedia ezcapture card which
seems to be supported under linux. It is a bt848 or bt 878 chip.

TView TV Tuner Capture Card part XH6591$107.

Not sure if this is supported under linux? It has a tuner as well as
capture.

From there onwards they get more expensive. What worries me a little is
this warning on _all_ the dse advertised cards:

"Please Note: nVidia chipset based video cards such as GeForce 2, GeForce 3
and TNT do not support overlay mode which is used extensively by this
card . As a result of this issue, Dick Smith Electronics do not
recommend using this card with an nVidia chipset based video card."

I saw a thread on nz.comp recently suggesting that this was crap.

So really i am looking fo recommendations & war stories about any of
these cards with nvidia and/or linux. As it'll go in a dual booter, I
guess winblows stories will be relevant too (to me anyway :-)

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3c7e93a607901b44273fc0a87f990722/Product/View/XH6594
--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Solicitor, PO Box 25-275,