Thanks Volker,

I'll nab that booking for CLUG tomorrow.

I'd be glad to have the installation (esp 9.1) on my lappie, so long as current partitions are preserved. P4-2.66G 512MB.
How much space req'd max? Any hardware declines? (This is the big Q.)

Yes Dave, 7.30pm is the usual start time - unless there's call for a change here.

Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

Nick, you're onto it again ;)

Thurs 6 May sounds good to me, with 9.1 if I can source a copy at least
2 days before, otherwise 8.2. Whether it'd be worth waiting until end
Jun to have 9.1 is something the audience would have to decide.

There's no point in showing "Linux", we've all seen it, so focussing on
suse specifics would be a good idea. That's mainly the installer, the
system config, and a few bits of desktop stuff (not including open
office or the latest KDE - that's the same everywhere). A demo-install
would be good. Does anyone have a spare fast computer (> Duron 600) for
that? Watching the progress bar for 15-20min can get a tad boring,
though I could answer questions if I have the/an answer.

Question: is there enough interest?

Time to register enthusiasm guys..

Volker

Cheers