On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:39:57 -0800 (PST)
begin  Net Llama <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:

> --- Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Could this be a TakeConsole/GiveConsole problem? Maybe disable those
> > scripts
> > and see what happens.
> > /etc/X11/kdm/TakeConsole
>
> That was my thought exactly.  I think ownership of /dev/audio or
> /dev/dsp is the primary factor.

Yep.   KDE wants each user logging in to own those files.  This is the
default.  The KDE team erred on the wrong side with this one (make the
defaults the least damaging).  Too many folks around who grew up on
Windoze, and it shows.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto