Geez, Zoran. I didn't mean to set you off. That was not my intent.
Needless to say, I didn't post my change without context. If you recall,
I was upset that I couldn't read email sourcing from certain mailers
because they were exploting a lacking in Outlook's UUencode
implementation.

I guess upon reflection that it wasn't all that interesting after all.

My apologies.

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:27:14 +0200 (CEST)
Zoran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ->Tyler Regas wrote:
> ->> Well folks, I've gone and done it now :) I've stopped using Outlook for
> ->> mail and am back to using Becky! 2. Fantastic standards compliant
> ->> Windows mail client (www.rimarts.co.jp). Worth every penny.
>

> *** I am still trying to understand why Tyler decided to announce the
> above to the list?
>
> "I done it: I stopped using Windows for braking my PC and am back to using
> Linux. Fantastic standards compliant OS. Worth all the trouble" would have
> been more of a newsworthy announcement than just I went from one crummy
> mail client to another.
>
> I had a look at Becky!2 and I do not see why it should be such a hot mail
> client: Proprietary mailboxes, proprietary mail filters, and not nice
> looking, non windows standard, icons.
>
> When I talk standards then I do not want to spent the rest of my life
> importing mailboxes from one into another mail client version, having to
> redo completely the filtering statements because none of the Windows
> developing crowd thinks it is a good idea to have a standard for
> filtering mail.
>
> I only can imagine what torture I would have to go through to get 600Mb
> worth of mail from let us say Eudora to Becky! Of course this is impossible
> as Eudora already chokes on a mailbox of more than 10Mb and more than 4
> users accounts to check at each POP poll...
>
> Back to Pine...
>
> Cheers,
> Zoran.
> --
> If you find me, please return me to my $HOME: my address is 'cd'.

Tyler Regas
PHM Editor-in-Chief