On Wednesday 03 April 2002 09:23 pm, Brett I. Holcomb GANDALF conjoured thus:
> Does anyone know if the print bug is fixed - that's the one that occured in
> KDE 2.x and caused part of the last line to print on a page and then repeat
> on the top of the next page.  According to all the posts I saw it was a qt
> problem.
>
> Somewhere (maybe on SxS or check the install for the Caldera RPM of 2.x)
> there was an order to do them in - qt, then libxml?, then something else,
> then kdebase, and finally the rest.

Before I compiled kde-3.0 I talked to Pam Roberts and what I found out was very i
mportant to sucess with it. In this case I was compiling on Cladera but i gues its the
same for all.

#! you need to install Autoconf Automake 1.5 and libtool 1.42 FIRST .
#2 install QT with::
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
cd QTDIR
./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif system-libpng -system-libpng -thread
-plugin-imgfmt-mng -no-stl -no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions -enable-xml
#3 the order of the kde files is:
kdesupport
arts
kdelibs
kdebase
kdeaddons
then all the rest
I also used the ./configure --prefix=/xxx/kde3 --disable-debug --enable-cups
-with-ssl-dir=/usr/ssl
obviously you would put your own paths in

Hope this is of help
--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161