Scribbling feverishly on April 13, Tom Wilson managed to emit:
> Hi all,
>
> I got a box running Slackware 8 that I am gonna use to make a firewall
> and during a recompile of the kernel, I made the support for my NE2000
> clone ISA ethernet cards part of the kernel instead of a module by
> mistake and didn't realize until I was done that I did it.

Doh!

> During start up, it finds the card and puts it a a DMA of 0x300 but
> errors out on IRQ 5 with an error 22.  Is there a way to pass different
> parameters to the drivers similar to the way of doing a modprobe and
> adding the parameters to the end?  I looked for a config file to add
> different parameters (and configure the 2nd card) in all the usual
> spots but came up empty.

Hmm. There used to be. Wouldn't it be easier to use the modules
though?

> Also as an aside, when running pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf, the systems
> hangs and requires a hard reboot.  The only cards in this box are the 2
> NICS.  Is this because the support is compiled in instead of
> modularized?

I wouldn't think so. But, see the (rather old) FAQ at
http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/isapnpfaq.txt.

Kurt
--
Tonight's the night: Sleep in a eucalyptus tree.