Check out this one:

Tales Of The UneXPected

A Windows XP installation brings welcome stability, but legacy
software can cause interoperability headaches and require unexpected
upgrades for both hardware and software.

http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV47_STO70559_NLTOS%2C00.html

And this one:

Desktop Linux At Last?

Columnist Nicholas Petreley says that the open-source desktop is on
the way -- this time for real.

http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV47_STO70562_NLTOS%2C00.html