Am Montag, 27. Mai 2002 00:07 schrieb Joel Hammer:

Ok, I can see now what you want - thought about replying off list, but I have
seen more devious discussions on this list -;)

Although I don't have the data underlying your bar graph, one can see by mere
visual inspection of your plot (gauss.ps) that the variance (.475 ...) resp.
standard deviation (.689..) are not properly calculated, which yields the
peak in your normal curve: the smaller the variance or deviation, the higher
the peak. I guess the variance to be something around 5 or 6.
Can you send me your raw data? I'll try to check the calculations.
Klaus

BTW: I have checked now
http://csep1.phy.ornl.gov/mc/node19.html
You are definitely right, their formula is definitely wrong.