Net Llama! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My understanding is that with a threaded app, you're seeing the
> multiple threads off of the same parent process.  This can best be
> illustrated using 'pstree'.  Its not a lie at all, just an
> interpretation.

Pstree tells me they're threaded. But what does it mean? Is/isn't Moz
using gobs of memory (55+%)?

> Looks like Opera does quite well.  However, you can't ignore the fact
> that you need to run about 10 other KDE related processes (which are
> not specifically part of the Konqie proc) in order to fire up Konqie
> in the first place.  Add up all of their resource utilizations, and it
> will most likely outdue Mozilla by far.

True, but if you're running KDE anyway, it's a sunk cost. So Konq
becomes very efficient in that sense. But, like Koffice, it's just not a
real contender.

> I've been exceptionally pleased with Mozilla, and i honestly don't use
> any other browser for anything.

That's what I'm trying to do also, and Moz seems like the *logical*
choice. But this reasource issue shouldn't be ignored.

> If you (or anyone else) suspects that the version of Mozilla that
> you're running actually has a memory leak, you can easily test it.
> Mozilla comes(the pre-compiled binaries, at least) with a built in
> memory leak detector:
> On the top menu, Debug -> Leak Detector

I tried that a couple of different ways and got nothing. Neither on the
cli or in the logs. Where does the output go?

Michael