On Friday 31 May 2002 09:54 pm, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
> Seems a lot of potential talk about crafting our own distro.
> You folks serious? Who's got the time for this? I can manage the resources
> on the mothership for it, but unless people actually pledge some time to
> get it off the ground, I'm not gonna bother.
> So?
<snip>

I'd rather see us keep an updated distros page, the info here
http://www.linux-sxs.org/distrourl.html and here
http://www.linux-sxs.org/distroref.html
seems dated. The lycoris thread has some good info on alternative distros, as
does a couple other threads.
Perhaps we'd be better served *endorsing* a distro, or coupla distro's and
maintaining an updated distro's section than trying to roll our own.
BTW, has anybody tried the SxS on rolling your own (Skippy?),
http://www.linux-sxs.org/rolldist.html ?
I guess Joe Cheek is no longer sub'd, or he woulda chimed in on the Lycoris
thread...

Regards,
Tim

--
Caldera eWorkstation 3.1+, kernel 2.4.18-preempt, KDE 3.0.1, Xfree86 4.1.0
  8:00am  up 6 days, 14:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.73, 0.70